Putting Safety FIRST!
PI RHO TECHS members are gathered to have a good time while still managing safety. Here are some great safety resources we have put together for the benefit of our team and others!
Injury/Incident Reporting Form
- Report injuries and accidents
- Report other incidents which may affect the team's safety (near misses)
- Report and correct problems after an inspection
Here is a Form to Report Incidents
Team 2927 Safety Handbook
We pledge to try to keep everyone safe at all times. Safety goes further than just the pit area, we will carry it into our own shop area and our every day lives. Safety can be as simple as announcing to everyone when you come through transporting large objects, and as serious as wearing safety glasses and gloves when grinding metal. Safety doesn't have to be boring. If safety is fun, more people will use it not as a practice, but as a good habit. In order for others to be safe, you must set constant examples of safe behavior and educate others on how to be safe. Don't just tell someone that they are doing something unsafe, explain to them the dangers of their actions and how they can use safety in that situation.
Team 2927 Safety Program
- Machine Tool Safety Demos and Information Sheets
- Formal Safety Presentation based on the Safety 4 the Right Reasons
- Always have an MSDS for all chemicals and materials your team uses
- Most MSDS are fast and easy to find on the manufacturer's website
- Keep these in your team safety binder for quick reference at home and in the pits
Courtesy Safety Glasses Project
- Demonstrate to teams the importance of having enough safety glasses for your team members
- Show off your team spirit by coloring the courtesy glasses in your own pattern!